I’ve been reading a lot of Young House Love lately, and that combined with my latest furniture purchase has left me feeling a bit inspired. So here’s a mood board for what I’m hoping my big girl living room will look like. Most items are from Ikea or West Elm. The West Elm pretties are DEFINITELY a reach in the $$$ department, but I’ve found a couple DIY tutorials on how to craft my own mirrored table and create my own copper light fixture.
Check it out, and let me know what you think! I can hear my mama in my ear now, “It’s so contemporary!”.
For Halloween this year, I originally intended on being one of the Spice Girls with some friends. Luckily, they got an idea for a smaller group costume so I could duck out of the group and be one of my favorite book characters ever: the Girl on Fire.
This was a really easy and cheap Halloween costume to make. It cost me approximately $5! Here’s what you need to be Katniss Everdeen:
- A braid (kind of essential)
- A brown shirt that looks kind of rough (got this from Goodwill + I added some cuts to mine with some makeup as “dirt” and “blood”)
- Olive green pants
- Brown boots
- Mockingjay pin (I just printed one off the Internet, but you can find them at Hot Topic)
- Extra credit: a bow and arrow (I saw some tutorials to make one but I ran out of time)
- Makeup wise, I just wore foundation + blush + bronzer + mascara and added some “dirt” (brown eyeshadow) to my face.
Here’s the result! I’ll be wearing this to my Halloween party tonight.
I know I did the finger symbol wrong. I’ll do better tonight at the party!