Sydney Allen | (214) 684-3652 | email@example.com
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- Senior, Class of 2014
- Broadcast & electronic media major, international studies and nonprofit organizational studies minor
- Able to write on deadlines
- Experienced in PR writing, PR research, media monitoring, event planning, video production, and motion graphics
- Extensive knowledge of AP Style, Final Cut Pro Suite, Adobe After Effects
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Schnake Turnbo Frank Public Relations [Summer 2013] Duties: I was a summer intern for STF, doing media monitoring, event planning, and lots of writing for a variety of clients. Notable: My fellow intern and I tripled attendance at an event we helped plan.
- Lindsey + Asp [August 2012-present] Duties: I lead the video department for the student-run advertising and public relations agency. Notable: After a loss in team members, I organized the video team and produced several high quality pieces for clients.
- Arthritis Foundation, Oklahoma Chapter [January 2012-May 2012] Duties: As a public relations intern, I wrote press releases and managed the chapter’s Facebook and Twitter accounts. Notable: I also created a 7 minute video featuring the Love family and an Oklahoma teenager for their Tribute to Excellence dinner.
- Cuppycakes [July 2011- present], lifestyle blog hosted at Tumblr.com. Duties: As a blogger, I have a responsibility to my readers to post timely and engaging written and photographic content coupled with attractive and simple design. Cuppycakes is a lifestyle blog populated with content about food, fashion, travel, and college life. Notable: Unique visitors from 4 countries.
- Gaylord Ambassador [May 2011-present]; Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK. Duties: As an ambassador, my responsibilities include staffing Gaylord events, leading tours for prospective students and Gaylord visitors, and representing and leading Gaylord College in a positive and engaging manner. Notable: Awarded Gaylord Family Scholarship in May 2011.
- Life & Arts Reporter [August 2010-present];The OU Daily/OUDaily.com, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK. Daily newspaper. Duties: As a reporter, my responsibilities involved attending weekly budget meetings, pitching two-three stories, and writing two stories per week. Notable coverage: Led the L&A coverage for the annual OU-Texas football game expanded issue, including shopping and eating guides for Dallas, Texas, where the game was held; interviewed Hugh Wooldridge, London composer and personal assistant to Andrew Lloyd Webber; wrote column about University of Texas shooting, published hours after event; received Turner Memorial Award for Entertainment Reporting in May 2011.
- Publications Coordinator, Alpha Gamma Delta women’s fraternity [August 2011-December 2011]
- Gaylord Ambassador [May 2010-present]
- Member, Joe C. & Carole Kerr McClendon Honors College [Aug. 2010-present]
- National Merit Scholar
- OU President’s Honor Roll, Fall 2010, Fall 2011, Spring 2012 and Fall 2012
- Dean’s Honor Roll, Spring 2011 and Spring 2013
- Turner Memorial Award for Entertainment Reporting, May 2011
- Gaylord Family Scholarship, May 2011 and May 2013