Katniss has NO TIME to twerk! She is too busy worrying about Prim! And deciding between Peeta and Gale!
This just made me LOL out loud at a coffee shop. That deserves a reblog.
Enjoy this Aziz Ansari GIF and have a happy Halloween!
For Halloween this year, I originally intended on being one of the Spice Girls with some friends. Luckily, they got an idea for a smaller group costume so I could duck out of the group and be one of my favorite book characters ever: the Girl on Fire.
This was a really easy and cheap Halloween costume to make. It cost me approximately $5! Here’s what you need to be Katniss Everdeen:
- A braid (kind of essential)
- A brown shirt that looks kind of rough (got this from Goodwill + I added some cuts to mine with some makeup as “dirt” and “blood”)
- Olive green pants
- Brown boots
- Mockingjay pin (I just printed one off the Internet, but you can find them at Hot Topic)
- Extra credit: a bow and arrow (I saw some tutorials to make one but I ran out of time)
- Makeup wise, I just wore foundation + blush + bronzer + mascara and added some “dirt” (brown eyeshadow) to my face.
Here’s the result! I’ll be wearing this to my Halloween party tonight.
I know I did the finger symbol wrong. I’ll do better tonight at the party!
Please make this go viral.
- butterfly flying fairy princess
- hot air balloon
- monster truck
- spiky porcupine
- cheetah spy eagle
- firefighter airplane
- normal airplane
I was so, so ashamed.
I stood in front of the oven, watching my pie of failure bake shamefully in the oven. The crust looked burnt. The pumpkin looked too jiggly.
I had never made such a mistake.
I couldn’t even blame it on outside forces, like a shoddy oven.
Me, being silly, distracted, and far too excited to make a pumpkin pie only gave the can of pumpkin with the recipe a glance. It told me to pour the entire can into the pie shell, and so I did.
I proceeded to pour the entire can of condensed milk in as well, which is where my problem started.
It only took the mix overflowing from the pie shell to indicate to me that I had made an error.
Apparently I was supposed to only put in 2/3 of a cup of condensed milk.
That’s LESS THAN HALF OF THE CAN, PEOPLE.
I poured some out, trying to limit the amount of pumpkin that flowed.
The pie made it out of the oven just fine. It was just a little too mushy.
But the shame will last forever.
What’s the worst baking mistake you’ve ever made?
1. Proctored two hours of study hall for my sorority.
2. Ate Starburst that my mom sent me.
3. Ate candy corn that B’s mom sent him.
4. Went to the best buffet ever (my school cafeteria, no lie) with one of my sisters.
5. Went to a 3 hour night class.
6. Crafted like a champ.
7. Celebrated my nine month anniversary with B on Facebook, like modern couples do.
8. Planned an apple pie baking contest.
9. Took a shower (which is really an achievement when you live the life that I lead).
10. Took a nap.
No tricks. A few treats. No costumes. What a
lame mellow Halloween.