Tips and what I learned from my horrible, truly epic busted run today:
- You should probably eat before you run.
- Also, drinking water is important. Do that occasionally.
- Don’t try and cry while you’re still running. You won’t have enough breath.
- When you’ve cooled down a bit, then call your mom and cry. Moms are good at listening to people sob incoherently on the phone.
- I’m really, really thankful and lucky that the worst thing that will happen to me today is that I can’t finish a run. Holy perspective, Batman!
- Friends are really good at cheering you up when you’re in the deep dark cave of failure, be that running failure or just general all-around epic failure.
- Go read some running blogs when you’re sad. While you might think it would make you feel worse, I promise that someone is there struggling like you are. It felt good to see that I wasn’t the only one who got all torn up about not completing a training run.
- Always attempt a long run with more free time ahead of you so that you have time to try, try again. Hopefully in cooler weather with more hydration.
Remember when I busted last time?
Maybe I’m just jinxed. I messed up my 7 miler last training cycle, too….